Sunday 2 December 2012

Welcome!



Hello and welcome to Inside Polly Hughes' Birdsong the Tour! I am Polly Hughes and I am going to be playing the part of Lisette Azaire. With only a week to go until rehearsals, research is getting serious...

                      
 

  
As many of you know Birdsong is a story of love, courage and sacrifice set against the devastation of the First World War. In order to prepare for this I have read books, watched documentaries and listened to the all too familiar music hall songs that evoke such a vast array of emotions, but fear I have merely touched the tip of the iceberg. In this blog I will attempt to bring to you the experience of touring with this epic production and share all that I learn along the way!
Next week I am going to the Imperial War Museum so will be able to share my experience of seeing and reading actual letters that were sent from the Western Front! Until then x







                      


No comments:

Post a Comment